2016 Kia Sportage SX: The Black Sheep of the Kia Sportage Family

Sir_B-rad

Good day everyone. I have a 2016 Kia Sportage SX and it is like an emotional roller coaster owning it. The upside is that I've noticed that Kia Sportages get a lot of love overseas. The downside is that Kia is so proprietary here in the U.S. to the point that you can't find any bolt-on aftermarket parts that does require some form of fabricating. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I do like the simple fact that it seems like the 2016 Sportage SX (The Black Sheep) already has the foundation to become the ultimate sleeper vehicle, it's just a matter of connecting with the right people and that is why I'm here. Even though I may have days when I want to give up my Sportage for that WRX STI that I always wanted, but then when I see how the Sportage is a force to be reckoned with overseas, it just gives me the motivation to create my own beastly U.S. version. Thanks for your time and have a great day.
Cheers,
Sir_B-rad

Kia Sportage Forum

Staff member
Good day everyone. I have a 2016 Kia Sportage SX and it is like an emotional roller coaster owning it. The upside is that I've noticed that Kia Sportages get a lot of love overseas. The downside is that Kia is so proprietary here in the U.S. to the point that you can't find any bolt-on aftermarket parts that does require some form of fabricating. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I do like the simple fact that it seems like the 2016 Sportage SX (The Black Sheep) already has the foundation to become the ultimate sleeper vehicle, it's just a matter of connecting with the right people and that is why I'm here. Even though I may have days when I want to give up my Sportage for that WRX STI that I always wanted, but then when I see how the Sportage is a force to be reckoned with overseas, it just gives me the motivation to create my own beastly U.S. version. Thanks for your time and have a great day.
Cheers,
Sir_B-rad
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. What do you have in mind in regards to performance add ons?

Sir_B-rad

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. What do you have in mind in regards to performance add ons?
Thanks for asking. I would first get rid of the factory engine internals due to the huge engine recall settlement that Kia has faced and have the entire engine rebuild with aftermarket parts. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the transmission, because I don't know if the transmission can be upgraded or not. Looking to get with a geeked out car shop that loves to make any and everything go fast, so they can customized my car parts. If I can't change out the engine internals, then I would just get customized car parts that would open up the intake/exhaust air flow along with an engine tune, low profile tires/adjustable coil overs. I even thought about doing an automatic to manual swap along with an LS or LT engine swap. I came across this youtube video where a car shop stuffed a kia stinger engine inside a kia forte, so I'm very intrigued as to what engine can I stuff inside the Sportage, but I know for a fact that it won't be another Kia engine. Thanks again and have a great day.

Cheers,

Sir_B-rad

Kia Sportage Forum

Staff member
Thanks for asking. I would first get rid of the factory engine internals due to the huge engine recall settlement that Kia has faced and have the entire engine rebuild with aftermarket parts. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the transmission, because I don't know if the transmission can be upgraded or not. Looking to get with a geeked out car shop that loves to make any and everything go fast, so they can customized my car parts. If I can't change out the engine internals, then I would just get customized car parts that would open up the intake/exhaust air flow along with an engine tune, low profile tires/adjustable coil overs. I even thought about doing an automatic to manual swap along with an LS or LT engine swap. I came across this youtube video where a car shop stuffed a kia stinger engine inside a kia forte, so I'm very intrigued as to what engine can I stuff inside the Sportage, but I know for a fact that it won't be another Kia engine. Thanks again and have a great day.

Cheers,

Sir_B-rad
Lots of interesting plans here and I do hope you keep us posted with what you learn! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be interested...

G

G-910442

If looking for a nice performance boost.....the Jb4 piggyback is the way to go. I have a Stinger 2.0t with 350 peak hp with the JB4 plug exhaust, intake and upgraded spark plugs. They make the Jb4 for 2016 Sportage 2.0t and newer. Talk about the ultimate sleeper!