New Sportage Owner - Please Help!!

NW-Jay72

Reaction score
Hi all. Ok, so I bought a 2012 Sportage manual 2WD 1.7 TDI Eco 2 just two weeks ago (111,000 miles otc). I found the following issues and the dealer is trying to tell me all are 'common' on this car, any ideas / advice please?:

**Clutch Peddle: The biting point is less than one centimetre off the floor.
**Gears: Reverse crunches LOUD every time, sometimes 3rd & 4th also crunch.
**Power: Couple of times, it's been very slow to respond when placed in 4th gear, then after a few seconds it 'kicks in' (I drive like a 50yr old dad, as I am!)
**Audible Alert: Every time I open the drivers door (only drivers), I get a loud chime from the centre of the rood lining that sounds 7 times. No keys left in, no lights on, no indicator left on. ALSO, I get NO chime if I DO leave the keys in, light on and indicator on?!
**Start / Stop: Only 3 times has the Start / Stop kicked in when stationary at traffic lights. I take it out of gear, lift the clutch and apply the handbrake. The engine 'stops', but doesn't restart when the clutch is engaged, brake peddle pressed etc. I have had to turn the key to re-start the engine?! On the same note, the button on the right below the steering column sometimes illuminates and won't allow me to switch it off.
**Sunroof: The sunroof sounds like very loud cracking glass every time it initially opens. The buttons are also very temperamental.

Sorry it's a long list, but this is my Kia experience at the moment!

Thank you kindly
Jason.

G

G-522166

Clutch biting point sounds like hydraulics need bleeding, this could also be the problem with the crunching of gears. Unless the car has a clutch cable then this would need adjusting.