Washington state

This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

ImMrBill

Well After owning 2 souls the Sportage, for me, takes some getting used to. It rides kinda rough but maybe it's just me. Android Auto takes some getting used to. Have yet to be able to figure it out. The Soul Trip Meters were just 1 button push, yet to figure out where they are on the Sportage. Really nice interior. Adequate cargo space. Have gotten lots of compliments on the Pacific Blue color.
My last Soul was Inferno Red so definitely different. I would have bought another Soul or a Seltos but I didn't want the IVT Transmission and the Sportage still has the regular Transmission. It has about a 1600 lb. towing capacity so it will tow my Teardrop trailer. Also the AWD was something I needed. So with on 400 miles ion it so far I'm getting the feel of it more.

Attachments

Kia Sportage Forum

Staff member
Well After owning 2 souls the Sportage, for me, takes some getting used to. It rides kinda rough but maybe it's just me. Android Auto takes some getting used to. Have yet to be able to figure it out. The Soul Trip Meters were just 1 button push, yet to figure out where they are on the Sportage. Really nice interior. Adequate cargo space. Have gotten lots of compliments on the Pacific Blue color.
My last Soul was Inferno Red so definitely different. I would have bought another Soul or a Seltos but I didn't want the IVT Transmission and the Sportage still has the regular Transmission. It has about a 1600 lb. towing capacity so it will tow my Teardrop trailer. Also the AWD was something I needed. So with on 400 miles ion it so far I'm getting the feel of it more.
The color IS really nice. I'm surprised to hear that the Sportage rides rough. Was the Soul a soft riding vehicle? Or is the Sportage just very firm?

ImMrBill

Yeah out of all the colors the Pacific Blue was it. Really pops in person. The inferno Red Soul I had got me pulled over a few times One cop told me he saw me before he got me doing 73 in a 55. Good thing he let me go. The Blue just kind of blends in.Well the Soul rode really smooth but I think I may have had the Sportage in Sport mode. There are 3 driving modes ECO, Sport and Normal. So when I drive it for awhile tomorrow I'll see how it is in Normal Or ECO

Kia Sportage Forum

Staff member
Yeah out of all the colors the Pacific Blue was it. Really pops in person. The inferno Red Soul I had got me pulled over a few times One cop told me he saw me before he got me doing 73 in a 55. Good thing he let me go. The Blue just kind of blends in.Well the Soul rode really smooth but I think I may have had the Sportage in Sport mode. There are 3 driving modes ECO, Sport and Normal. So when I drive it for awhile tomorrow I'll see how it is in Normal Or ECO
Please let me know what the change is like between different drive modes. I've never had a red car but it certainly does sound like it can get you into trouble. It's definitely an eye catcher. I think you'll appreciate being more stealthy in the blue Sportage. :)

ImMrBill

Well I tested out the drive modes over 100 miles of various roads. ECO was.. well uneventful, Sport tightened up the steering wheel and rode a little stiffer, Normal was well normal. I think I'm having to get used to the Kumho tires. A lot of the roughness was on rural surface roads, Once I got on the cement interstate, it was really smooth riding. We have a lot of snow here in the winter so the roads are grooved. I got the trailer hitch and trailer light kit installed. Installed the seat covers today, installed the splash guards and Husky liners . That will be all the mods for awhile. Getting ready to hit the road soon for a few weeks, soon as I get so VA appointments cleared. I'm getting the Teardrop trailer loaded. I now have 600 miles on the Sportage and I'm liking it more all the time. Finally got the Android Auto figured out.

Attachments

Kia Sportage Forum

Staff member
Well I tested out the drive modes over 100 miles of various roads. ECO was.. well uneventful, Sport tightened up the steering wheel and rode a little stiffer, Normal was well normal. I think I'm having to get used to the Kumho tires. A lot of the roughness was on rural surface roads, Once I got on the cement interstate, it was really smooth riding. We have a lot of snow here in the winter so the roads are grooved. I got the trailer hitch and trailer light kit installed. Installed the seat covers today, installed the splash guards and Husky liners . That will be all the mods for awhile. Getting ready to hit the road soon for a few weeks, soon as I get so VA appointments cleared. I'm getting the Teardrop trailer loaded. I now have 600 miles on the Sportage and I'm liking it more all the time. Finally got the Android Auto figured out.
Thank you for the update! I appreciate the information. I'm glad to hear it's driving nicely on flat surfaces. I'm glad you're having a good experience with it! Thank you for the pictures. :)